Join as a member to apply for an unlimited number of jobs posted at TranslationDirectory.com and to obtain many other benefits - click here!
Looking for a Tagalog freelance translator: Job 00062937
Source language(s): English
Target language(s): Tagalog
Details of the project: Freelance Subtitle Editor (Translator)
English into Tagalog
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Translating subtitles from English into native language and proofreading of subtitles in native language ensuring subtitles meet the following criteria:
• Subtitles provide an accurate and clear translation:
• They conform to linguistic, text-typological, and communicative rules and conventions of the target language and culture.
• They convey in denotation and connotation (precise meaning and different layers of meaning, explicit and implied) an accurate and complete message.
• They are consistent in terms of lexical choices, syntactic structures, capitalization, form of address, use of punctuation, formatting, transliteration.
• Address the target audience appropriately (i.e. avoid profanity or regionalisms, attention to use of formal and informal address, word choice to reproduce register, condensing for readability).
• Subtitles comply with specified time and formatting requirements.
• Subtitles reproduce the fluency and spontaneity of spoken language.
Subtitles must look natural and idiomatic to the native speakers in the areas where the language is spoken.
• Creation of subtitles in native language from provided script
• Matching subtitles in your native language to original audio with provided script as reference.
• Timing/Retiming of subtitles in your native language to original audio with provided script as reference.
• Quality Checks (consistency, synchronization, accuracy)
§ Read-through of existing subtitles to ensure consistency in translation or transliteration of common terms and proper nouns.
• Watch-through of existing subtitles to flag inaccurate timing, missing or unnecessary subtitles.
• Performing technical checks on subtitle files in order to ensure formatting conforms to specified requirements.
• Identifying and explaining the nature of changes/fixes made to subtitle files and filling out reports for client review.
REQUIRED QUALITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILL OR ABILITY)
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
Education, Experience and Competencies:
• Have a bachelor’s degree and/or experience related to Translation, Subtitling, Literature, Journalism or Communication
This job is potential.
We want to pay for this job 4 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers only
Deadline for applying: 09/30/2022
Keep this ad at the site permanently
[Sender name hidden]
[Company name hidden]
IP: 184.108.40.206 (Bartlesville, United States)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted on Thursday, 18 Aug 2022, 14:38:23
Number of applications already submitted for this job: 14
If you notice a non-payer or scam here, please let translators know in our
Apply for More Translation Jobs!
Receive All New Translation Jobs in All Pairs by RSS (Members Only)
Get job notifications e-mailed to you 8 hours earlier than to non-members!
Contact 6,000+ Potential Customers! (Free for Members)
Post your translation job - Free!
If you can't find the job announcement you have been notified about or you had seen before, that means the job has been closed already or that posting was unacceptable.