A freelance job for Slovenian speakers: Job 00061897
Source language(s): English
Target language(s): Slovene
Details of the project: We maintain our commitment to these goals by:
• Demanding quality and accountability at each stage of the subtitling process.
• Employing the best translators in the industry with a thorough knowledge of the Subtitle creation process.
Freelance Subtitle Editors / Translators are responsible for creating subtitles in their native language for a wide range of film or television output in a way that conveys the intentions and information of the original language to viewers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Translating subtitles from English into native language and proofreading of subtitles in native language ensuring subtitles meet the following criteria:
• Subtitles provide an accurate and clear translation:
• They conform to linguistic, text-typological, and communicative rules and conventions of the target language and culture.
• They convey in denotation and connotation (precise meaning and different layers of meaning, explicit and implied) an accurate and complete message.
• They are consistent in terms of lexical choices, syntactic structures, capitalization, form of address, use of punctuation, formatting, transliteration.
• Address the target audience appropriately (i.e. avoid profanity or regionalisms, attention to use of formal and informal address, word choice to reproduce register, condensing for readability).
• Subtitles comply with specified time and formatting requirements.
• Subtitles reproduce the fluency and spontaneity of spoken language.
Subtitles must look natural and idiomatic to the native speakers in the areas where the language is spoken.
• Creation of subtitles in native language from provided script
• Matching subtitles in your native language to original audio with provided script as reference.
• Timing/Retiming of subtitles in your native language to original audio with provided script as reference..