An English <> Bodo language translator wanted (using Prabandhak tool): Job 00061634
Source language(s): English
Target language(s): Bodo
Details of the project: Job Description:
We are looking for a Bodo translator for academic content work.
As an academic researcher you'll apply your expertise and skills developed through study and research.
As an academic translator, you'll need to: read materials and research industry-specific terminology and ensure translated texts convey original meaning and tone.
Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal needs and helps us reach a broader audience.
• Read given materials and research industry-specific terminology
• Convert text and audio recordings from one language to one or more others
• Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
• Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations
• Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
• Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
• Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
• Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
• Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices
• Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
• Fluency in at least two languages in addition to your native language
• Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
• Good knowledge of content editing tools
• Familiarity with translation software
• Time-management skills
• Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
• Academicians like retired Professors, Lecturers, Teachers, and Homemakers, Freelancers, Content Writers, Transcribers and language experts in English as well as in Tamil are preferred.
• Certified translators will be given priority.
• Any graduate who is proficient in English and a regional language with a passion for translation can also apply.
• Candidates should be willing to work with us on a long-term basis.
• Payments will differ from project to project.
• Payment details and project details will be informed in the mails for every project.
• TDS deductions are applicable as per the norms.
• The assessment test results conducted by the company will be final and binding on all the translators.
• Payment will be transferred to the bank account of the translator within 30 to 45 days after the date of receipt of the invoice by the company.
• Payment will not be made for partial completion of the assigned task or incomplete tasks.
• In case a particular translator decides to quit, he/she shall give in writing a notice prior to 30 working days to the company and the settlement of dues, if any, will be done after 90 days from the date of relieving.
• If your work is excellent and if you are willing, we may absorb you on company rolls on a monthly salary basis.
This job is already available.
We want to pay for this job 0.01 EUR per word
Who can apply: Freelancers and agencies
Deadline for applying: 06/07/2022
Keep this ad at the site permanently
[Sender name hidden]
[Company name hidden]
IP: 18.104.22.168 (Jakarta, Indonesia) * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted on Thursday, 02 Jun 2022, 08:01:39
Number of applications already submitted for this job: 2
If you notice a non-payer or scam here, please let translators know in our