We are looking for an Afrikaans language specialist: Job 00060049
Source language(s): English
Target language(s): Afrikaans
Details of the project: We are looking for Language Specialists with outstanding writing skills and creative minds to participate in a project that will help shape the future of chatbot technology in many languages.
Imagine first that you have some problem that you want to solve (maybe with your insurance, or with a retailer, or with an airline, etc.). You call the company’s customer support telephone line to get help, and a computer chatbot answers. Here is where your work on this project would begin.
Your job will be to imagine a particular customer support situation and then write up examples of things you (and people you know) might say on the phone.
We call these statements “utterances.”
For example, we may ask you to imagine that you want to change your flight for a trip you have already scheduled. You would then write up several different things you or someone might say in that situation. Each of the utterances you write would need to be different, using different words and styles. You need to be very creative and write variations of each sentence to use as many new words as possible and use a completely different sentence structure. And you need to be fast! When you write an utterance, we want you to think about the kinds of references someone from your country would make (e.g., specific companies, specific government entities, specific local currency, specific local slang, and specific local brand names).
This job is already available.
Special requirements to the applicants: The specific job task will be to create one sheet of utterances per task. There will be several prompts (scenarios) on the sheet, and the creator will develop several variants for expressing an utterance that relates to the prompt. All specific rules regarding spelling, grammar, punctuation, glossary term usage, and other specialized conventions MUST be followed (orientation will be provided). If not, the creator will be provided with feedback and asked to edit their sheet of utterances until it complies with our quality standards.
- Native-level fluency in the target language (written and spoken) and great spelling and grammar are required. Preferred candidates will also be familiar with the target language used by a wide range of speakers from ages 15-70, primarily from urban and suburban settings.
- Advanced English comprehension (spoken and written), ability to understand training materials, instructions, and creative writing prompts written in English.
- Ability to follow nuanced linguistic instructions (e.g., Do not use numerals in your writing. Write out all numbers. Do not use “1”. Do use “one”).
- Ability to hit demanding deadlines by learning how to work in efficient ways.
- Candidate needs to have a rich vocabulary, knowledge of local market conditions, and local-market slang.
- Extensive knowledge in local-market insurance, financial, and health care systems (work experience in these sectors is not necessary, but knowledge as a consumer of these systems is critical).
- Ability to analyze writing prompts (scenarios) and adapt them to local cultural reality.
- Efficient online research skills.
- Documented work experience as a writer (e.g., journalism or creative writing) preferred.
Training Period: Creators will receive project orientation & training in December 2021. Orientation will include completing some online modules, video conference calls, and sample tasks with direct personalized feedback. Training will last for approximately 2 hours, and it will be unpaid.
Payment will only kick in once you successfully complete your first task.
Successful workers on this project will commit to working several weeks, during which their initial speed and equivalent hourly pay will be lower but increases as they continue to practice and learn the particulars of this project.
We want to pay for this job 10 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers only
Deadline for applying: 04/15/2022
Keep this ad at the site permanently
[Sender name hidden]
[Website address hidden]
IP: 18.104.22.168 (Douala, Cameroon) * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted on Thursday, 10 Mar 2022, 00:57:01
Number of applications already submitted for this job: 3
If you notice a non-payer or scam here, please let translators know in our