All translation agencies have agreed to be listed in the database and/or have registered themselves directly.
You have 87 days left to make the investment at just half the price!
Seeking an Afrikaans language specialist: Job 00057561
Source language(s): English
Target language(s): Afrikaans
Details of the project: We are looking for language specialists with outstanding writing skills and creative minds to participate in a project that will help shape the future of chatbot technology in many languages. Imagine first that you have some problem that you want to solve (maybe with your insurance, or with a retailer, or with an airline, etc).
You call the company’s customer support telephone line to get help and a computer chatbot answers. Here is where your work on this project would begin.
Your job will be to imagine a particular customer support situation and then write up examples of things you (and people you know) might say on the phone. We call these statements “utterances”. For example, we may ask you to imagine that you want to change your flight for a trip you have already schedule. You would then write up several different things you or someone might say in that situation.
Each one of the utterances you write would need to be different, using different kinds of words, different styles. You need to be very creative and write variations of each sentence in a way that uses as many new words as possible and use a completely different sentence structure. And you need to be fast! When you write an utterance we want you to think about the kinds of references someone from your country would make (specific companies, specific government entities, specific local currency, specific local slang, specific local brand names).
This job is already available.
Special requirements to the applicants: Skills:
The specific job task will be to create one sheet of utterances per task. On the sheet there will be several prompts (scenarios) and the creator will create several variants for expressing an utterance that relates to the prompt. All specific rules regarding spelling, grammar, punctuation, glossary term usage, and other specialized conventions (orientation will be provided) MUST be followed. If not, the creator will be provided with feedback and ask to edit their sheet of utterances until it complies with our quality standards.
- Native-level fluency in target language (written and spoken). Great spelling and grammar are required. Preferred candidates will also be familiar with the way the target language is used by a wide range of speakers from ages 15-70, primarily from urban and sub-urban settings.
- Advanced English comprehension (spoken and written); able to understanding training materials, instructions and creative writing prompts written in English.
- Ability to follow nuanced linguistic instructions (e.g. Do not use numerals in your writing. Write out all numbers. Do not use “1”. Do use “one”).
- Ability to hit demanding deadlines by learning how to work in efficient ways.
- Rich vocabulary, knowledge of local-market conditions, knowledge of local-market slang.
- Extensive knowledge in local-market insurance, financial and health care systems (work experience in these sectors is not necessary, but knowledge as a consumer of these systems is critical).
- Ability to analyze writing prompts (scenarios) and adapt them to local cultural reality.
- Efficient online research skills.
- Preferred: documented work experience as a writer (journalism, creative writing, preferred).
Successful workers on this project will commit to working several weeks during which their initial speed and equivalent hourly pay will be lower, but increases as they continue to practice and learn the particulars of this project.
We want to pay for this job 10 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers only
Deadline for applying: 09/30/2021
Keep this ad at the site permanently, but disable applying for this job after the deadline