Source language(s): German, English
Target language(s): German
Details of the project: Appen constantly seeks language professionals and speakers across the globe for different language-related projects. If you’re a Linguist or simply someone who can speak, read and write the language required, you are welcome to participate.
Join our team and get paid to do any of the following: Semantics, Morphology, Phonology, Translation, Transcription, Proof-reading or Text and Voice Data Collection and more!
Your contribution will impact the content of different social media and eCommerce services that we use every single day.
You Might Fit This Role If:
- You are looking for a flexible work opportunity where you contribute to projects and grow your skills
- You enjoy working independently
- You want to do internet-based work from home
- You speak, read and write the languages listed below
Or you have an academic and professional linguistic background
Projects You May Be Assigned To:
- Voice Data Collection - The work involves recording your voice while reading short prompts from an online phone application.
- Translation - The work will involve translating contents from one language to another.
- Transcription - The work will involve converting audio files to text using an internet browser-based tool.
- Text Data Collection - The work will involve answering a series of questions using the language dialect required.
- Speech Evaluation - The work will involve listening to speeches read by a computer-generated voice and rating them according to how naturally they sound.
- Pronunciation Specialist - The work will involve populating map data with accurate local pronunciations.
- Prompt Disambiguation - The work will involve classifying audio prompts into common words, proper noun, action word, etc. and edit misspelled words if there is any.
Your assignment will depend on your qualifications and the availability of project.
Flexible, but may vary on the project you’ll be assigned to
This job is potential.
Special requirements to the applicants: Minimum qualifications:
- Currently living in and legally permitted to work in Germany
- Access to a computer with a sound card and speakers, and/ or access to a smartphone
- Access to a secure high-speed internet connection and a quiet workspace
- Good English comprehension
- Ability to work with applications, troubleshoot software, and execute instructions independently
We want to pay for this job 15 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers only
Deadline for applying: 08/31/2018
Keep this ad at the site permanently, but disable applying for this job after the deadline