A permanent in-house position for an English to German translator: Job 00042452
Source language(s): English
Target language(s): German
Details of the project: World Programming, an established world leader in the data science industry is currently looking for an inhouse native German translator to join our translation team in our office located near Southampton, UK.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Translate from English (UK) into German user guides, software strings, corporate, marketing, sales and web
- Commit the translations and translation changes to a Version Control system on a daily basis.
- Translate both incoming and outgoing Support emails as required.
- Plan and prioritize own work effectively to achieve set end results.
- Collaborate effectively with others of different nationalities to produce set end results.
- Optionally able to help with other languages (only if you have work experience)
- Full understanding of German business practice and customs
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a German translation role
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Organised and methodical
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written communication skills
- Translation degree is desirable but not essential
- Experience of localizing in XML, preferably using the oXygen XML Editor
- Use of CAT tools
- Knowledge of ticket management systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of version control systems would be a distinct advantage.
Why should you come and work for us at World Programming?
- Relaxed & informal work environment
- Generous salary
- Matched pension scheme
- Healthcare insurance currently offered to staff
- Great holiday package
- Free tea, coffee, soft drinks and fresh fruit available in the office
- Staff social activities regularly arranged
Please note that World Programming does not currently cover relocation costs.
This is a permanent full-time position is based in our offices near Southampton and is not a remote working position.