Source language(s): English
Target language(s): Chinese
Details of the project: Job description:
One of our Fortune 100 clients is looking for a Japanese Proofreader / Translator to work in their Beijing office, to perform post-translation review and editing of content to ensure the translated content meets the clients standards.
Candidate will review documents and content and check for language accuracy and consistency, report effects and verify fixes
- Proofreading, editing and review of all translated drafts received from the translation teams
- Correct terminology, grammatical errors and check for consistency with style guides
- Ensure that all projects adhere to company standards for format, style and content
- Manage jobs in a proactive manner and deliver high quality results
- 4+ years of experience as a translator/Proofreader for Technical/IT/Software and Marketing documents.
- Excellent knowledge in Japanese (Native) and English language.
- Good knowledge and understanding of SDL tools ( TMS, Multiterm) Trados.
- Experience in working in IT (software) companies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, HTML, Acrobat and common content tools .
- Excellent spoken and written language skills, attention to detail, flexibility and technical knowledge (both English and native language).
- Experience with software companies or products is a plus.
- Work on site as required by client.