Recruiting a Japanese <> English translator for a full time job in Tokyo, Japan: Job 00041142
Source language(s): Japanese
Target language(s): English
Details of the project: Location : Tokyo, Japan (Cactus Communications K.K. 4F, TUG-I Building, 2-4-1 Misaki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0061, Japan)
Who we are and what we do
CACTUS (www.cactusglobal.com) provides top-notch communication solutions like academic and scientific editing, translation, publication support, English language workshops, transcription to authors, researchers, universities, labs, hospitals and organizations worldwide. Our services are specifically designed to help English Second Language (ESL) authors succeed while communicating in English.
With offices in South Korea, US, Japan, India, Singapore and China, our team has worked on 700,000+ documents for 175,000+ customers across 164+ countries in the last 15 years.
Editage (www.editage.com / https://www.editage.jp/) is CACTUS’ flagship brand that provides these services. Editage is one of top three brands in this space worldwide.
Editage’s 50+ member Customer Service comprises of passionate customer advocates from 7+ different nationalities and cultures. We work across offices and time zones and use a combination of deep local knowledge, customer preferences, service understanding and passion to delight customers on every interaction.
- Provide high-quality translation of documents (mostly, research papers) from Japanese to English and vice
- Perform a quality review on documents translated by other translators
- Respond to client queries post delivery
- Work with the Quality Manager in resolving customer dissatisfaction cases and providing strong solutions to ensure customer delight
- Work with other teams (such as customer service and editing teams), based on the requirement of the client’s project
What's in it for you
Global Exposure: work in a global organization and interact with colleagues from different nationalities
Culture: work in a young organization with employee friendly culture and polices. We balance work and fun at CACTUS. Cactizens are driven, smart and friendly.
Benefits: take home a competitive salary which includes an annual performance based bonus. You are also eligible for additional benefits like retirement allowance, annual health check up.
This job is potential.
Special requirements to the applicants: Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (any discipline). Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Translation is preferred
5+ years’ as a translator or translation expert for Japanese to English Translation
- Strong English language skills
- Excellent customer focus
- Strong focus on quality and timeliness
- Good communication skills (e-mail and verbal)
- In-depth understanding of requirements of a typical translation customer’s requirements
We will pay for this job 20 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers only
Deadline for applying: 03/31/2018
Delete this ad from the site after the deadline for applying.